Thursday, February 3, 2011

New color trends for 2011

Have you ever wondered who decides what the color trends in fashion will be for any given year?   I know I have.   I love to sew and so fabric and colors and textures are things that excite me.   (If you are into fabric, you will understand - I sometimes just go into my local fabric store to wander through the aisles  touching and feeling the fabric and being inspired by the textures, colors, and patterns.)  I think that much of my creative process in wire work comes out of my love for sewing - I approach a new design much the same way as I create a new outfit.  

In the February 2nd issue of Jewelry Making Daily (an online newsletter I subscribe to from Interweave.com) there was an article about the upcoming new color trends for 2011.  Pantone (the famous company that creates the specific formulas for paints) releases a semiannual color chart predicting which color hues  will be upcoming in women's fashion.   What does that mean to those of us that create?   For me, it is intriguing to see what is on the horizon and allows me to better be in touch with what apparel will be paired with my jewelry in the months ahead.   The colors just released are fresh, light, and exciting.  Colors include Peapod, Lavender, and Coral Rose.  Hmmm...my mind is racing with the possibilities of things to create!      

No comments:

Post a Comment